To the vast majority of Brits, "Down Under", means Australia and New Zealand.
I have often wondered where exactly I would come out if I bored right down
through the centre of the Earth and out into the Southern Hemisphere.
Now I know, because I came across The Antipodean Map which does the boring for you.
I have often wondered where exactly I would come out if I bored right down
through the centre of the Earth and out into the Southern Hemisphere.
Now I know, because I came across The Antipodean Map which does the boring for you.
Setting off from here in Plymouth I would emerge in the sea off New Zealand.
This little exercise recalled a wonderful visit to Australia and New Zealand a few years ago.
The first part of the journey home, from Sydney to Singapore,
took us right across the Red Centre of this vast continent.
Come back tomorrow to see some images of this mysterious "Land Down Under".


No comments:
Post a Comment